If among your New Year’s resolutions is to obtain a better manage on your diabetes control, then you’re in luck: The online education program “Type 1 University” is offering free classes.
There is a brief (10-minute) sample of what a Type-1 University Course is like. That preview class addresses everyone’s favorite diabetes challenge: Managing blood sugar when eating pizza!
Type 1 University is the creation of Gary Scheiner, a licensed diabetes educator, exercise physiologist, and person with Type 1 diabetes. Live courses, which normally cost $29.95 per course, cover topics such as “Mastering Pump Therapy,” “Strike the Spike: After-Meal Glucose Control,” and “Blood Glucose Control During Sports & Exercise.” (Prerecorded lessons are $19.95 per course.) Classes are 45 to 60 minutes long, consist of a PDF of the slides used, and provide the opportunity to post concerns to the instructor.
Type 1 University paid courses:
- Practical Pramlintide – Making Effective Use of Symlin
- Managing Type-1 Diabetes During Pregnancy
- Fine-Tuning Basal Insulin
- Hypoglycemia Prevention and Management
- Strike The Spike: After-Meal Glucose Control
- Getting the Most from Your Continuous Glucose Monitor
- Weight Loss for Insulin Users
- Blood Glucose Control During Sports & Exercise
- Advanced Carb Counting
- Mastering Pump Therapy
To learn more, and to sign up for classes, visit the Type 1 University Web site (type1university.com).